Our North side Client has reached out and asked us to assist them with their search for a hands on Consolidations & Financial Reporting Manager. Our Client is growing and looking for someone to grow with them.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting directly to the Controller. Also working with the CFO as needed, and others within the Company. Working in a team setting with other accountants and managers and achieve Accounting/Finance Department key objectives.
- CONSOLIDATION – Prepares the monthly consolidation/elimination entries and ensures the completeness and accuracy of the consolidated financial statements.
- FINANCIAL REPORTING & ANALYSIS – Leads the preparation of financial statements and related analysis ensuring all financial reports are prepared in a timely and accurate manner; prepares and presents financial statements and related reports/analysis, and variance analysis to management
- MONTHLY CLOSE – Participates in monthly reviews/reconciliations as needed
- JOURNAL ENTRIES – Prepares monthly consolidating entries as needed
- ACCOUNTING & BUSINESS RESEARCH – Researches and resolves accounting and business issues; manages the implementation of new accounting pronouncements
- INTERNAL CONTROLS – Implements and monitors effectiveness of internal controls and adherences to delegation of authority guidelines
- PROJECT DEVELOPMENT INTEGRATION – From an accounting/reporting processes and systems perspective, designs solutions and implements project plans in a team environment
- SYSTEMS IMPLEMENATION & INTEGRATION – Coordinates and integrates the best systems/practices/processes; leads the process of reviewing system needs, develops specifications, analyzes alternatives and recommends software process solutions
- PROCESS IMPROVEMENT – Reviews accounting processes on a continuous basis to ensure best practices and effective processes are in place
- AUDIT LIAISON – Coordinates annual independent external audit and liaises with external auditors
- OTHER VALUE ADDED – Responsibility and accountability for various job duties/responsibilities and special projects as directed and to be determined on own initiative
- LEADERSHIP – Fostering teamwork and good relations between all Company functions; change management leader/interface with all personnel within the organization
- LEASE ACCOUNTING – Manage and update a schedule of leases within ASC 842 & IFRS 16 guidelines.
- 10+ years of related experience: public accounting and CPA a plus
- Accounting degree; MA or MBA a plus
- Financial Reporting and Consolidations
- Multiple locations to include international
- IFRS, GAAP, and FX
- Process Improvements,
- Must be able to evaluate new reporting and consolidations systems
- Must be hands on, will be a sole contributor at first
Microsoft Office Expertise – Excel in particular
Job ID: 1579531