Our client has been an industry leader in providing engine components for over 100 years and we are pleased to be partnering with them on their Quality Manager opening at their plant located within an hour of both Milwaukee and Madison. This is an essential opening for the organization as we are seeking an experienced Manager to lead & improve an existing Quality program that is already in pretty good shape. This position offers a base salary, a lucrative bonus structure, and an excellent culture.
The Quality Manager will be responsible for managing a team of a few Engineers and Quality Technicians. This plant must meet several quality standards including IATF, TS 16949, and ISO 9001. We are looking for someone with a continuous improvement mindset that can develop & lead teams while maintaining a compliant quality program.
Quality Manager Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to a team of Quality Engineers and Quality Technicians.
- Drive continuous improvement projects within the quality program including but not limited to reducing the defect rate, leading corrective action & preventative action evaluations, and APQP assessments.
- Provide oversight of the quality management system including maintaining TS, IATF, and ISO certifications.
- Ensure all quality inspection processes meet company and customer specifications.
- Create and analyze metrics to evaluate department performance and to identify areas of additional improvement.
- Represent the quality team during internal cross-functional meetings in addition to interacting with customers and suppliers on quality related issues.
- Validate that all parts and raw materials provided by suppliers meet company expectations for production.
Quality Manager Requirements
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering or a related discipline is required.
- Minimum of five years of experience leading the quality function within a manufacturing environment.
- Solid understanding of CAPA, APQP, PFEMA, and PPAP.
- Demonstrated success maintaining compliant IATF, TS, and ISO quality programs.
- Must be a team player, willing to work with others in a cooperative manner, and take pride in developing the employees of the quality department.
- Knowledge of GD&T, automotive manufacturing, and powder metals.