Lucas Group has partnered with our client in their search for a Cloud Engineer. Our client is a software company in Sugarland, TX with a diverse portfolio of customers and construction product offerings that has been rewarded one of Houston’s best companies to work for 14 years in a row! Amazing campus fully equipped with running track, soccer fields, dog kennels (bring your dog to work!), basketball court, yoga/workout center, and more! Great culture of collaboration and creativity.
This Cloud Engineer will enjoy working with a strong team of developers, analysts, and tenured leadership where creativity and outside of the box thinking is highly valued. Contribute to creative solutions rather than working off a checklist.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Must establish a deep understanding of our product integrations as well as our current IaaS, PaaS and SaaS infrastructure architectures.
- Must make use of this knowledge to design and implement network and security solutions that fit in the current architectures by leveraging the offerings provided by cloud providers, Azure in particular, in a cost-effective manner.
- Must proactively monitor our infrastructure using Azure Security Center, Azure Advisor and any other tools that are required, suggest improvements and fix threats highlighted by tools in our current infrastructure.
- Would be considered a subject matter expert and hence responsible for the identification, evaluation and implementation of new cloud technologies that are considered fit in the current infrastructure architecture.
- Document and maintain the company’s current cloud Infrastructure Architecture as well as best practices and security guidelines that the company would follow.
- Must collaborate with DevOps and IT on design, implementation and monitoring of Azure Infrastructure.
- Good understanding of Azure VMs, AKS and Container Instances + best practices in creating infrastructure containing these resources.
- Good understanding of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings provided by Azure
- Good Understanding of Infrastructure Security
- Security, Monitoring, Logging and Vulnerability Management.
- Good Understanding of Azure Network Resources
- Familiarity with other cloud providers such as Amazon and Google.
- Good understanding of CI/CD using Azure Pipeline
- Strong in Powershell and Azure CLI
Educational & Work Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience working on Azure Infrastructure and Security
Title: Cloud Engineer
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Client Industry: Information Technology
Client Job ID: 1595098