* This company is specifically seeking candidates with U.S. military experience *
What You Will Do:
- Assist in sales and profit efforts by providing safe and efficient designs for low-rise steel building systems, including structures such as airplane hangars, churches, gymnasiums, strip retail centers, and manufacturing/industrial buildings.
- Effective application of custom and industry software for design of standard and non-standard structural framing conditions.
- Provide creative, economical solutions for challenging framing conditions.
- Actively manage projects through effective communication with customers and teammates in other departments.
- Assist in enhancement of current design software by providing suggestions and/or verification of engineering calculations. Involvement with development of new design tools that aid productivity and accuracy may occasionally be required.
- Perform quote engineering functions as needed including preliminary design of structural framing, clarification of scope of work, and qualification of proposals.
- Initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
Education and Work Requirements:
- Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering (or similar); focus in Structural Engineering
- 4 + years of Leadership & structural design experience
- Professional Engineer registration in the United States and/or Canada required
- Prefer knowledge of structural steel building codes (IBC, AISC 360, AISC 341, AISC 358, ASCE 7, AISI, etc.)
Title: Civil Structural Engineer
Location: Terrell TX
Client Job ID: 1586974