Title: Chief People Officer
Location: Washington, D.C.
Relocation: Yes, to Washington D.C.
Lucas Group ID: 1565829
Role Overview: Lucas Group is searching for a Chief People Officer for a rapidly growing, pre-IPO tech firm in Washington, DC (must be willing to relocate to DC). The CPO will be responsible for developing and executing strategy and operations for its global human resources function. This person will advise senior management on the full range of employee issues and must be capable of driving enterprise change while also ensuring that the small details are handled with attention and care. While this is a senior position, the CPO must be willing to roll up their sleeves and execute any HR-related task. The CPO will manage HR team members located in the US and globally - must be willing to travel overseas on occasion (10% travel a year).
- 10+ years of global HR Management experience including:
- Working in a high-growth company
- Experience working with employees located in the United States and globally
- Hiring, training, and managing HR team members
- Developing and implementing a recruitment plan
- Managing HR budgeting
- Administration of US benefits including employee health insurance plans
- Experience building an HR department from scratch
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Excellent judgment, including in handling of sensitive and confidential information
- Ambitious, driven, self-starter
- Bachelor's required, Advanced Degrees preferred
- Experience working with a public company and/or company in immediate pre-IPO stage
- Experience in the tech industry
- Cross-cultural employee relations management
- Understanding of employee equity rules and processes
- Prior history of working directly with CEO or senior management
- Practical experience with Paycom or similar payroll, benefits, and HRIS platforms
- Global benefits experience
Since our founding nearly 50 years ago, Lucas Group has led and continuously transformed the executive recruiting industry by delivering transcendent executive talent to our corporate clients while helping individuals fully realize their career ambitions. Our collaborative culture attracts and rewards the industry’s top recruiters and, coupled with industry-leading methodologies, drives superior results.
We have unparalleled reach across major U.S. cities, job functions and industries, with divisions specializing in Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Military Transition, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain & Operations, as well as Contract Engineering.
From a one-man operation in 1970 in Atlanta, Lucas Group has grown to nearly 450 employees and our success is built on unmatched customer service and bottom line results.
Our objective: To be a trusted consultant for all of your professional recruiting and placement needs.