Title: Chief People Officer
Location: Washington, D.C.
Relocation: Yes, to Washington D.C.
Lucas Group ID: 1565829
Lucas Group is searching for a Chief People Officer for a rapidly growing, pre-IPO tech firm in Washington, DC. The CPO will be responsible for developing and executing strategy and operations for its global human resources function. This person will advise senior management on the full range of employee issues, and must be capable of driving enterprise change while also ensuring that the small details are handled with attention and care. While this is a senior position, the CPO must be willing to roll up their sleeves and execute any HR-related task. The CPO will manage HR team members located in the US and globally - must be willing to travel overseas on occasion (10% travel a year).
- 10+ years of global HR Management experience including:
- Working in a high-growth company
- Experience working with employees located in the United States and globally
- Hiring, training, and managing HR team members
- Developing and implementing a recruitment plan
- Managing HR budgeting
- Administration of US benefits including employee health insurance plans
- Experience building an HR department from scratch
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Excellent judgment, including in handling of sensitive and confidential information
- Ambitious, driven, self-starter
- Bachelor's required, Advanced Degrees preferred
- Experience working with a public company and/or company in immediate pre-IPO stage
- Experience in the tech industry
- Cross-cultural employee relations management
- Understanding of employee equity rules and processes
- Prior history of working directly with CEO or senior management
- Practical experience with Paycom or similar payroll, benefits, and HRIS platforms
- Global benefits experience
Lucas Group is North America's premier executive search firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist mid-tier to Fortune 500 clients to find transcendent, executive talent; candidates fully realize their career ambitions; and associates find professional success. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA with 16 regional offices, our trusted, consultative, and passionate recruitment professionals combine industry depth and geographic breadth to deliver superior results. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com.