We have been engaged by a Houston based law firm on a Chief Financial Officer and Firm Administrator position. Our client has built a boutique practice and is a nationwide leader in precedent-setting litigation with a history of multi-million-dollar settlements. Their work not only impacts the injured parties but also their spouses, children and in some cases future generations to come.
The CFO will manage a small team and have oversight and responsibility for all things accounting finance and administratively related for the firm. This is a key leadership position with the firm and will work closely with the Managing Partner, taking a lead role in short term and long-term strategic planning.
Requirements & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Finance
- CPA license required
- 15+ years progressive career in an Accounting/Finance capacity leading to CFO, VP Finance, or similar position with small to middle market organizations
- Administrative experience running a mid-sized business handling non-accounting matters i.e. Risk Management/Insurance, Vendors/Suppliers, etc.
- Law firm experience or similar industry with an understanding of the complexities around working with fiduciary funds; capturing, tracking and analyze case related costs, ensuring completeness, proper allocation, and accurate distribution's, MDL & HIPPs payments, referral payments, etc.
- Treasury Management – Trust Funds, IOLTA Accounts, Court Trustee relationships
- Managing Bank relationships, Lines of Credit, Hedge Funds; related reporting and compliance requirements.
- Substantial forecasting and cash management including developing models, budgeting, cash projections etc.
- Presentations to management, Equity Partners and other internal and external stake-holders.
- Strong technical skills, detailed and highly organized, and able to prioritize conflicting deadlines
- Proven leadership skills, experience developing a team
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and Access
- QuickBooks Enterprise or similar ERP systems