* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Reports to: Plant Manager and VP of Engineering
Supervises activities of engineering, ensures that plant facilities and equipment are properly maintained. Ensures uninterrupted production schedules according to standards.
Essential Job Functions/Requirements
Experience: Prior experience as Engineering Supervisor or extensive plant maintenance.
Degree in Engineering or related field, also open to Academy grads without hard engineering degrees. Licenses as required by state, industry, city, county, etc.
- Must possess/maintain a valid license to operate applicable equipment.
- Physically capable of moving to all areas of the plant. Must be capable of reaching, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling as required in a production operation.
- Able to climb ladders, crawl under equipment and work in tight spaces.
- Able to view product and determine adherence to quality control standards including size, shape, color, cut, etc.
- Able to visibly distinguish operating lights and panels on machinery and equipment.
- Able to hear and identify audible alarm systems as well as normal and abnormal equipment operating sounds.
- Able to generate written and verbal communications clearly and distinctly.
- Ability to read and review written communication, blue prints, wiring diagrams schematics etc.
- Able to wear/use approved applicable safety equipment, as needed.
- Able to operate required office equipment.
- Able to research, develop, implement and monitor required policies and procedures.
- Performance of other duties deemed by management to be an integral part of the job.
Primary Job Duties:
- Provides overall engineering oversight of all plant machinery and engineering systems to ensure regular plant production.
- Recruits and, in coordination with the Human Resources Department, hires qualified personnel.
- Supervises, trains and directs maintenance supervisors and personnel.
- Establishes training programs for employees
- Ensures that production personnel are properly trained in preventative maintenance procedures and operation of equipment.
- Prepares and maintains a preventative maintenance program.
- Inspects plant daily. Communicates with department heads about problem areas.
- Conducts plant inspections with all regulatory and/or insurance agency representatives.
- Establishes and maintains good employee relations.
- Promotes established safety programs and monitors employee compliance.
- Assists in evaluating and preparing operating budgets.
- Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures (EEO, Sexual Harassment, Safety, etc).
- Contributes to and protects company profits.
- Performs other duties as directed by management.
- Responsible for the implementation of the lock-out/Tag-out program
- Responsible for overseeing the Department GMP policies
- Maintains Safety record keeping
- Monitors building safety and security
- Ensures proper GMP’s are followed at all times
- Maintains safety work log
- Maintains membership on Safety Committee