This position is with a bank which recently closed on a major acquisition. They now have 30 locations in Texas and elsewhere and $2.5 billion in assets and are looking to make more acquisitions. They are growing, profitable, and well funded.
This reports to the Chief Risk Officer. The company is located in the Houston area but may require relocation depending upon what area of Houston you live in. Relocation assistance may be provided.
- Growing company, looking to make acquisitions
- Good benefits
- Live in a low cost/short commute time environment yet offers entertainment and culture
- Can grow within this position or move to other roles
SUMMARY: Supports the Audit Committee in carrying out the annual internal audit program and the Chief Risk Officer in carrying out the responsibilities of the Risk Management Division. Conducts independent audits of financial records and control procedures to ensure compliance with internal control requirements and applicable laws and regulations. Supervises the Bank Security Officer and a Senior Auditor. Serves in the capacity of Internal Control Officer.
- Maintains a comprehensive internal audit program which includes periodic audits of all branches and departments.
- Prepares internal control documentation to meet the requirements of the independent public accountants and banking regulators.
- Assists with the annual independent financial audit through workpaper documentation of audit activities. May conduct audit activities under direction of the independent public accountant.
- Review policies and procedures for the safeguarding of assets.
- Makes recommendations to senior management for control improvements and assists with developing procedures that meet internal control standards.
- Develops new or revised internal audit policies, methods and procedures.
- Reviews insurance coverages on a periodic basis to ensure adequate coverage against loss.
- Performs loss mitigation analyses of branch or departmental operations.
- Submits written reports of internal audit reviews to senior management and the Directors' Audit Committee, including findings, conclusions and recommended actions.
- Oversee the Security function and work with the Bank Security Officer in the coordination of Branch Security audits and report results to the Directors’ Audit Committee.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- CPA desired but not required. CIA or CFE are pluses
- Previous accounting/finance experience working in a financial services environment desired but not required.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with auditees.
- A minimum of 8 years’ prior experience in a financial or auditing environment, or a combination thereof. More experience would be a plus.
- Knowledgeable in financial institution operating policies and procedures and banking regulations, state and federal