Our client, a $250M PE owned healthcare services provider is looking for a Chief Accounting Officer. This position will work directly with the CFO and will oversee all accounts, ledgers, bank accounts, audits and reporting systems ensuring proper controls and compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Manages a large and growing team responsible for transition and integration of new affiliate entities into the financial reporting processes, including:
- Monthly close cycle
- Bank and board reporting requirements
- Internal controls
- Accounting policies
- Develops and implements best accounting practices and controls to increase the effectiveness and efficiencies of accounting operations.
- Key team member in debt and equity recapitalization processes.
- Support the year-end financial audit process with external auditors
- Strong command of GAAP reporting with the ability to manage a general ledger and ownership and control over all journal entries.
- Strong background and knowledge of the preparation of monthly financial statements and cash management procedures.
- Implement and oversee internal controls, policies and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree in finance/accounting and CPA (active license not required) [MBA preferred].
- At least 5 years of controller experience strongly preferred.
- +10 years of mix of public accounting and operating company finance & accounting experience required.
- Prior M&A, post-deal integrations, accounting department infrastructure development and private equity ownership experience required
- Working knowledge of Sage Intacct a plus.
- Ability to travel as required, including limited overnight trips.
- Ability to work late evenings and weekends as required.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office; especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Power BI and other business intelligence experience a plus.
- Proven ability to lead and develop a team and drive performance improvement, demonstrated by progressive increases in management responsibility