Lucas Group is North America's premier executive search firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist mid to Fortune 500 clients find transcendent, executive talent; candidates fully realize their career ambitions; and associates find professional success.
Role Title: CFO
Location: Near Durango, Colorado and surrounding areas
We are currently partnering with a privately held E&P organization in its search for a Chief Financial Officer to oversee the company's financial operations.
- Excellent benefits and work life flexibility
- Competitive salary, bonus, and other incentives
- Some relocation assistance will be provided
- Opportunity to live in a recreational area offering numerous parks, wild life reserves, skiing, boating, and camping
- Reviews accounting records for timeliness, accuracy, consistency and conformance to policies and procedures; assists Accounting Department in the development and application of accounting policies and procedures and data bases and in meeting audit requirements.
- Works with the staff to develop financial statements, management reports and in explaining accounting, budgeting, and financing issues to the organization.
- Develops and maintains financial evaluations of the company, associated business entities, and individual projects.
- Works with management, directs the budget and planning process for the company.
- Assists in the development of annual budgets for both operated and non operated projects in line with corporate strategies; serves as liaison to the Growth Fund in budgeting process.
- Ensures accurate and appropriate fund and cash management.
- Works with the staff and others to evaluate new opportunities and makes recommendations to management; contributes to the development of partnership and acquisition documents and due diligence as needed.
- Leads the establishment and management of appropriate financing for projects.
- Ensures that appropriate financing and security bonds are maintained.
- Collaborates with the senior leadership, staff, and others to develop and manage strategies for product sales and hedging in order to manage financial risks.
- Analyzes general economic, business, and financial conditions to assess their impact on the company's policies, operations, and profitability.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, Business, or relevant discipline is required.
- A CPA and MBA or MS is preferred
- Must have fifteen years work experience in oil and gas specific accounting, finance, marketing, planning, and oil and gas opportunity evaluation. Upstream sector experience strongly preferred.
- Must have ten years senior management work experience in the oil and gas industry with a company having greater than $500 million in book asset value during tenure with company. Upstream sector experience strongly preferred.
- Must have ten years supervisory experience.
- Must have experience with evaluating upstream energy project economics; working knowledge of joint venture partnerships and associated joint interest billing; revenue accounting and royalty payments.
- Must have proven ability dealing with capital providers, lending institutions, and other financial issues concerning project funding for oil and gas companies.