Capital Project Engineer Job – Job #1567923
Our client is a multi-billion dollar company and the industry leader in paints & coatings with more than 100 manufacturing sites and 60,000 global employees. We are partnering with them on a Capital Project Engineer opening to be based out their plant in the far south Chicago metro area. The Capital Project Engineer will report directly to the Plant Manager and will work on a team responsible for driving CAPEX related to the upkeep of the plant, increasing efficiencies, lowering costs, and bringing in new equipment & automation.
This role is open due to an internal promotion so we are looking for a Project Engineer that wants to advance up the corporate ladder with this organization in their own career. We are searching for an experienced Engineer who has excellent communication abilities and a passion for achieving successful project outcomes. This role offers a strong base salary, annual bonus, opportunities for advancement, and relocation if necessary.
Capital Project Engineer Responsibilities
- Improve the effectiveness of the facility and employee population by implementing process improvement and/or capital projects.
- Develop standard processing procedures for the plant operations.
- Optimize processes to reduce production costs, increase productivity, and reduce cycle times.
- Own all deliverables for projects ranging from $5k to $500k.
- Lead tactical-level plant projects and also contribute to additional regional & divisional projects.
- Leverage data to justify new projects or process modifications.
- Train Operators and Engineers on new processes & equipment.
- Verify safety procedures are being followed. Conduct safety audits as necessary.
- Develop creative solutions to resolve manufacturing issues.
- Partner with internal employees, outside Engineering consulting firms, and external contractors.
Capital Project Engineer Requirements
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering or a related field is required.
- An advanced degree, P.E. license, or any relevant certifications (PMP, OSHA, Six Sigma) are preferred but not required.
- A minimum of five years of experience in Engineering with at least three or more years of project management.
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement processes such as Lean Manufacturing, Root Cause Analysis, Six Sigma, 5S, etc.
- Experience in batch manufacturing or within the chemical, pharmaceutical, food, or beauty care industries is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Ability to travel up to 10% as needed.