Our client, a large privately held and well capitalized property management organization in Houston, seeks a Controller. This is a newly created position due to rapid growth, primarily via acquisitions. This position reports to the CFO and is responsible for the oversight of property accounting.
Controller Responsibilities Include:
- Work with the CFO to fulfill operational improvements, implement programs, and other strategically focused initiatives.
- Financial statement preparation
- Integrating acquisitions
- Business process improvements
- Lead, hire, develop, mentor and train staff.
- Establish best practices.
- Maintain knowledge of changes to accounting standards that may impact property accounting and implement changes as deemed necessary
Chief Accounting Officer Requirements Include:
- CPA required
- Public accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ progressive accounting experience required including at least 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Extensive / current Property Management industry experience required