Retail Buyer / Merchandiser
Lucas Group has partnered with a well-established and beautiful resort destination at the base of the Rockies in New Mexico to assist in finding a Retail Buyer / Merchandiser to join their resort family.
Our client has a one of the most beautiful and event filled 4 season resort destinations in the southwest. This is a hidden gem in the mountains of New Mexico that offers not only a variety of activities and living/ rental homes for the guests. Outdoor enthusiasts would be hard-pressed to find a comparable value from a year-round vacation resort and residential neighborhood anywhere else in the United States. The Resort is a playground where you can enjoy the fun of outdoor activities and a vacation retreat where you can be away from it all and at the same time, feel right at home.
As the Retail Buyer / Merchandiser, you will have the opportunity to Manage the retail component of all retail stores onsite. Designing the flow and layout of each retail venue, determining product placement and style of merchandising to maximize space and drive sales. You will get the opportunity to work with the department managers within each venue. Manage retail and rental inventory levels and aging, maintain inventory controls and perform regular inventory counts. You will be responsible for preparing and maintaining seasonal retail to OTB plans for each venue and procure/merchandise product. Use prior sales and rentals to establish future OTB’s. Striving for guest centric culture within every store venue, while also ensuring resort and industry standards are followed by all employees. You will work closely with the marketing team to develop and advertising and promotional programs. This is a great opportunity for someone who loves the outdoor lifestyle, and would like the chance to make an impact in a company that has been around since the ‘60’s. This company has an excellent culture of collaborations and teamwork where the employees and management enjoy working with each other.
- Solid understanding of snow sports activities as they apply to a resort environment
- Solid accounting skills
- Maintains current status on trends and technological advances which impact the retail industry
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situation; Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service
- Read, write, speak clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations.
- Maintains confidentiality
- Leadership qualities
- Exhibits objectivity, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, build morale within a group
- Verifiable experience in leading and managing SEO/SEM , marketing database, email, social media, and /or display advertising campaigns
- Bachelors (BA) in marketing, Business Administration or other related filed
- Ability to relocate to property site in New Mexico
- PRIMARY LOCATION
North Central New Mexico – Taos area but not Taos
- Competitive base salary
- Insurance – medical, dental, vision, life.
- Access to all activities at resort
- Paid time off
Title: Retail Buyer / Merchandiser
Location: Northern Central New Mexico
Client Industry: Retail
Client Job ID: 1580296