Our client is a rapidly growing apparel and promotional item manufacturing company. We are partnering with them on a Buyer position located at their HQ in the northern Chicago suburbs. We are looking for a driven & entrepreneurial person who enjoys being hands-on and working in a fast-paced organization.
The Buyer will be the only person in the department and will be responsible for domestic & international sourcing, negotiating agreements, executing purchase orders, and interacting with suppliers for all of their categories. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person as you will report directly to the company President and will have ownership of all of the processes and outcomes related to sourcing and procurement.
- Source for suppliers domestically and in Asia for apparel commodities, primarily cotton.
- Manage the RFP process to identify the best partners for the organization.
- Negotiate contact terms that meet company cost objectives and customer quality standards.
- Inface with suppliers to ensure product delivery.
- Verify inventory levels are sufficient for manufacturing.
- Collaborate with Sales, Production, and Warehousing on stock levels and purchasing needs.
- Leverage Oracle NetSuite ERP to analyze data to manage the purchasing process, manage supplier profiles, and identify areas for improvement & cost savings.
- Prepare reports for the Executive Management team.
- A Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, Business, Operations, Fashion, or a related field is beneficial but not required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in procurement, apparel purchasing is ideal.
- Previous experience with Oracle NetSuite ERP is highly preferred.
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit, willing to be hands-on, and driven to manage the entire purchasing department.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and organizational skills.