Business Unit Controller
Lucas Group is North America's premier executive search firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist mid-tier to Fortune 500 clients find transcendent, executive talent; candidates fully realize their career ambitions; and associates find professional success.
Combining local knowledge with national reach, Lucas Group has the geographic breadth and industry depth necessary to deliver results. We provide trusted, consultative service by truly listening and responding to the needs of our clients and candidates. We are professional, high-performance, and passionate industry veterans with both insight and integrity, making a very real difference in businesses and careers. We listen. We understand. We deliver.
Our $500MM CPG / Manufacturing client is search for:
- Manage the annual, quarterly and monthly financial planning and accounting close processes for business unit, ensuring effective and timely coordination with corporate finance team.
- Build and maintain knowledge and relationships across all business areas by staying current on initiatives, challenges and opportunities across the business unit. Understand associated risks and opportunities
- Develop an understanding of critical business performance drivers and ensure these are reflected in forward looking financial projections and analyses. Drive monthly budget vs. actual review process and continuous improvement process
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reporting schedules and analyze business performance vs. budget and forecast. Provide periodic and ad-hoc financial analyses and reporting in support of local and corporate executive management
- Enhance and maintain reporting packages with focus on providing information critical to operational effectiveness management.
- Assist in transactions that are consistent with internal policies and GAAP revenue recognition principles while maintaining high deal quality standards
- Assist with other special projects, including system implementations and standardization efforts
8+ years of experience in accounting and finance, Master's degree or equivalent a plus
3+ years of experience in financial management
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Prior ERP system implementation experience
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed, however, must have also demonstrated ability to work well with people, both on the same team and outside of the team at all levels and ability to effectively communicate with upper management and operational leads
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities; results oriented and able to roll-up the sleeves in order to accomplish necessary tasks
- Team management skills
- Comp: to $140,000 base with a 20% bonus