Business Developer– Government Sector
Lucas Group has been retained by a national leader and provider of community development services to municipalities. They are looking for an exceptional Business Development leader for their Southern California region. This position is being added due to companies’ aggressive growth plan.
Our client is one of the fastest growing providers of community development solutions in the private sector, partnering with over 1000 communities throughout the country and are well on pace to double that number in the near future. This position covers the Southern California territory and can be worked remotely with regional travel.
As a Business Development Representative, you will be responsible for generating new sales with government municipalities by leading all aspects of the sales process for new services. Our team of experts provide an unparalleled range of services dedicated to the growth of our communities. This is a terrific opportunity for the person who has sold into the Public Sector and wants to take their career to the next level with the national leader in their sector.
Some Responsibilities Include:
- Develop your regional sales plan that results in a robust pipeline of qualified prospects.
- Daily prospecting, networking across municipalities, building department openings, utilizing trade organizations, advisors and 3rd party partners.
- Work closely with the Operations teams and leads in our local offices to develop winning solutions and pricing and close business together..
- Maintain all opportunities within Salesforce daily and provide reporting and forecasting as required.
- Work closely with Operations and all teams to present competitively differentiated solutions customized for your clients’ markets that the company can profitably support long-term.
- Prepare and respond to all target account requests for proposals, company information, and presentations on the company’s capabilities.
- Demonstrated success in selling complex services preferably within B2G (Business-to-Government).
- 5+ years of professional, new consultative sales experience in complex business to government or business to business – track-record of consistent success with deal list of large deals sold.
- Strong Base Salary + lucrative Commission plan
- Insurance – medical, dental, vision, life. 401K plus match
- Car Allowance