* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Lucas Group has partnered with our client, a pioneer of the digital X-ray industry, on their search for a Business Development Manager in the Washington DC area. They continue to be a leader in a wide array of systems that are deployed by top military, security and industrial organizations worldwide.
What You Will Do:
- Build SOPs to guarantee best possible support to its customers (including 24/7 rotational support); develop ways to improve customer experience and build brand loyalty
- Contact new potential customers to develop relationships and sales opportunities; maintain current client relationships; manage relationships with prime vendors
- Research trends and create new sales opportunities
- Supervise and manage activities of teams comprised of Product Specialists, Services and Logistics Managers, Sales Operations Coordinators, security subcontractors.
- Meet sales target for territory
- Facilitate relationships with strategic Army procurement stakeholders
- Attend marketing shows/conventions; ascertain viability in various market demographics
- Approve sales purchase orders; prepare purchase quotations for customers in ERP system
- Ensure data accuracy of CRMs and other management systems
- Military background (minimum rank: Lieutenant Colonel)
- DoD Network at decision makers level: Procurement officers, Program Managers
- Connections at Law enforcement and TSA (desired)
- Strategic and Business Intelligence; proven experience in sales or business development (desired)
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Washington DC
Client Industry: Medical Devices
Client Job ID: 1579205