The Lucas Group is searching for an experienced and talented Business Development Manager to add as a key member of our client’s team. Our client is a global AmLaw 100 law firm with experience offering clients forward-looking, results-oriented solutions that resolve their US, international and cross-border legal needs.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for managing the creation and implementation of business development strategies for the Complex Litigation, Securities Enforcement & Litigation, and Appellate & Supreme Court practices, as well as an industry sector. The Business Development Manager serves as the primary liaison between the practice group and the Marketing Department and is responsible for coordinating the resources of the Marketing Department and other firm resources in implementation of business development plans. The Business Development Manager will work closely with the Practice Group leaders and attorney members to develop plans, execute pitches and proposals, and manage day-to-day business development activities to ultimately grow the Complex Litigation, Securities and Appellate practices.
The Business Development Manager can sit in the client’s Washington, D.C., or New York City offices.
· Serving as a trusted advisor to the lawyers in the Complex Litigation, Securities Enforcement & Litigation, and Appellate & Supreme Court practice groups. Collaborating with the attorneys to develop business plans and marketing strategies for implementation,
· Identifying trends and opportunities and developing new business approaches as well as targeting cross selling opportunities. Creating customized pitch materials for specific opportunities.
· Working closely with lawyers to develop individual business development plans. Providing regular check in and follow up with coaching as necessary to ensure success.
· Collaborating with the Director of Business Development to develop and manage initiatives across the litigation department including class actions, multi-district litigations, and trials.
· Collaborating with the Director of Business Development to develop multi-disciplinary new business pitches and responses to RFPs.
· Managing business development efforts of an industry sector or initiative, including client collaboration plans, events, and other strategies for visibility raising and business growth.
· Collaborating with Business Development Managers across all practice/industry groups and offices to identify or develop cross-selling opportunities.
· Managing RFPs, pitches and proposals from initial planning with the attorney team through to final submission.
· Working closely with practice leaders and Practice Management to develop effective practice group meeting agendas and ensuring follow up through communication of minutes and agreed upon action items.
· Coordinating with event planning staff to identify, sponsor or create targeted industry conferences, in-house client seminars/webinars, speaking engagements and other special events for the Practice Group. Identifying targets and working with the Mailing List team to identify or create appropriate lists.
- Coordinating with the Market Research team to secure the necessary business development research (including client, industry and competitive intelligence).
· Using Interaction to identify and confirm relationship targets.
· Identifying work or issues that are potentially media-worthy for the Media Relations team to implement PR, directories and other media placements for the assigned groups.
· Coordinating with the Marketing Communications team in the development of marketing materials and website content including practice area descriptions, brochures and PowerPoint presentations.
· Leading the strategy and execution for directories and surveys such as Chambers and other ranking submissions.
· Facilitating the integration of lateral partners and counsel into the Practice Group. Working closely with new laterals to ensure execution of their business development plans.
· Developing and managing Practice Group budgets.
· Working with the Practice Group to measure and report progress on business plans and business development efforts.
· Working with key client teams associated with designated Practice Groups.
· Supervising and mentoring the Business Development Coordinator and Assistant activities including pitch and proposal materials; updating to practice descriptions, experience items and attorney bios; directory submissions and event logistics.
· Bachelor’s degree is required, Masters or J.D. degree useful.
· 7+ years of marketing experience; professional services or law firm background preferred, particularly in litigation.
· Proficient in a range of computer software applications, including databases, MS-Word, MS-Excel, and MS-PowerPoint.
· Experience with key research tools and databases, including experience, billing, client contacts and other web-based research tools.
· Use of InterAction, Foundation and marketing databases required.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills.
· Persuasive writing skills for presentations, proposals and other marketing materials.
· Outstanding organization skills with attention to detail.
· Capable of handling many projects simultaneously.
· Ability to work well under pressure of deadlines.
· Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
· Knowledge of business development process in a services industry required.
· Experience in budget planning and client account management critical.
This Business Development Manager position requires professional and prudent communications working in a team environment with a diverse group of associates. If you like new challenges every day and are charged up by a fast-paced environment, this is an exciting opportunity for you.
Please email your resume to Amanda Cooper at the Lucas Group at email@example.com.
Follow me on LinkedIn for new roles and industry information at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucasgroupcreativeamanda/