Responsible for analyzing and capturing business opportunities with the Department of Defense and other government departments / agencies (e.g., Department of Energy, Department of Homeland Security, etc.), and developing new business and proposal strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for new business opportunity analysis and capture management.
2. Responsible for maintaining and updating an active opportunity pipeline.
3. Develops opportunity briefs for executive leadership.
4. Develops pursuit and capture strategy for identified opportunities to include development of management, technical and cost solutions.
5. Develops win strategy, themes, discriminators, and features and benefits.
6. Conducts market, customer, internal and competitor analyses.
7. Develops and executes the capture plan.
8. Assists with proposal development to ensure compliance with all Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements to include:
a. proposal schedule development
b. securing of proposal development resources
c. proposal outline, storyboard development and section
d. price-to-win, color team reviews and proposal submission
9. Helps develop the organization’s annual BD operating budget.
10. Responds to Sources Sought.
11. Responsible for adherence to the company Proposal Handbook.
12. Responsible for all other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business or related degree (Required);
• Minimum of 5 years DoD acquisition, capture, program and/or proposal management experience with one of the top U.S. federal government and defense contractors in aviation contractor logistics (Required);
• Aircraft flight line maintenance operations (Required);
• Experience in developing, drafting, leading and managing Federal/DoD proposal submissions (Required);
• Experience drafting and executing basic contract instruments (e.g., NDA, teaming agreements, prime and subcontractor agreements) (Preferred);
• Research experience related to federal and defense contracting, including experience with GOVWIN and FARs and DFARs (Preferred)
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Ability to manage priorities to meet deadlines in fast-paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams of subject matter experts in achieving organizational objectives.
• Ability to interpret diverse customer requirements.
• Leadership style that ensures organizational ethical standards are maintained and fosters positive relationships.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Based out of the KA home office, frequent travel as required.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.