The Lucas Group is searching for an experienced and enthusiastic Business Development Manager – Public Sector to add as a key member of our client’s agency team in Bethesda, MD. Our client is recognized as a leading digital marketing agency that creates and implements data-driven digital strategies using design thinking and our unique blend of technologies to drive digital transformation.
The Business Development Manager – Public Sector is responsible for improving market position and achieve financial growth. The Business Development Manager – Public Sector role supports and feeds into the long-term company strategic goals, builds key client relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiating and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
· Lead partnership development with larger government contractors to bundle our client’s offerings with bigger primes and gain access to IDIQs and other contracting vehicles through primes.
· Lead capture teams (if we are prime) or coordinate with partner primes for our “swim-lane” to win government work
· Capture additional IDIQ vehicles to support our client’s Public Sector growth, such as CIO-SP4.
· Leverage our client’s current vehicles (GSA IT-70) to support our client’s Public Sector growth.
· Review and pursue and win Public Sector (Government) RFPs. RFPs should be reviewed weekly
· Update CRM data, participate in weekly Sales meetings
· Provide strategic and tactical guidance on marketing materials and thought leadership targeted to government agencies and partners
· Participate in/represent our client’s in government focused networking, conferences, trade associations, etc.
· Bachelor’s degree is required.
· 5 Years of Government capture experience, either as capture lead, or working on a capture team.
· Experience writing government proposals and working matrixed teams to elicit the needed information to successfully win government work, either directly or through primes.
· Experience working in integrated capture teams across multiple vendors.
· Understanding of the FAR and Government procurement processes and vehicles.
· Experience in selling professional services to public sector.
· Familiarity with Government Customer/Citizen Experience, User Experience/Human Centered Design (UX/HCD), web and digital communications technologies and platforms (CMS/DXPs).
· Good networking skills.
· Eager to have a chance to grow our client’s public sector line of business.
· Motivated by driving sales and growth with incentives tied to performance.
This Business Development Manager – Public Sector position requires professional and prudent communications working in a team environment with a diverse group of associates. If you like new challenges every day and are charged up by a fast-paced environment, this is an exciting opportunity for you.
Please email your resume to Amanda Cooper at the Lucas Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow me on LinkedIn for new roles and industry information at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucasgroupcreativeamanda/