BOP Project Manager Job – Job #1567919
Our client is a nearly 100 year-old global, family owned company that is an industry leader in providing material handling, wastewater treatment, pollutant control, BOP services, and other systems to support the power, coal wastewater & other industries. We are exclusively partnering with them on a BOP Project Manager opening to work out of their HQ in the northern Chicago suburbs.
Our client has 80% of the market share and a great reputation within their areas of expertise. We are looking for an experienced Project Manager with strong BOP (Balance of Plant) knowledge & excellent communication skills to drive full-lifecycle projects up to $20MM. This is a direct-hire (salaried) position offering a strong compensation package with benefits and a strong possibility of continued professional growth & promotion opportunities.
BOP Project Manager Responsibilities
- Be a SME (Subject Matter Expert) in driving projects focused on BOP (Balance of Plant) construction services.
- Train and develop Project Managers, Project Engineers, and other technical staff in Balance of Plant Engineering best practices, engineering services, construction activities, sales proposal support, contractor selection, and interaction with customers.
- Own the technical estimation and scope definition processes for proposals. Identify solutions to support BOP & Construction proposals in a cost-effective manner.
- Review technical system designs.
- Assign work on projects between internal employees, external Engineering partners, and contractors.
- Develop & maintain relationships with multiple internal departments, contractors, Engineering partners, and key customers.
BOP Project Manager Requirements
- A Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a similar field.
- An advanced degree, P.E. license, or PMP certification is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Engineering in the areas of industrial power, utilities, construction, or a related area.
- Ability to travel up to 20% (typically closer to 5-10%) as needed.
Permanent job in Kankakee