Lucas Group has been engaged by a growing Commercial Real Estate Developer to identify a Bookkeeper to support the accounting operations. This is an excellent opportunity becoming part of a tight-knit team. Qualified candidates will be organized and proactive, thriving in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Some responsibilities include…
- Work closely with Senior Property Manager and Senior Accountant to support day to day operations.
- Accounts Receivable – Send monthly statements to tenants, calculate and bill management fees and reimbursements to partners and clients, track payments, follow up and bill late fees as needed.
- Accounts Payable – Collect, upload and code all invoices. Follow up with vendors on any missing or inaccurate invoices. Set up new vendors in accounting software. Ensure all invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Generate and post monthly charges.
- Prepare and recommend monthly accruals.
- Assist with annual budget and quarterly reforecast process.
- Assist with Lease Administration functions including entering new leases and amendments into accounting software.
- Assist the Senior Accountant with special projects.
- Ability to manage a wide range of responsibilities and assist in other areas of the business as needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or Commercial Real Estate accounting/bookkeeping experience preferred.
- Experience with Yardi or other Real Estate Accounting software preferred.