Title: Billing Specialist
Location: Dallas, Texas
Employment Type: Contract to Hire Opportunity
Lucas Group Job ID: 1575364
Role Overview: Our client, a major healthcare organization is looking for an experienced customer service and Billing Specialist for a great Contract to Hire opportunity in Dallas, TX. The ideal candidate will be Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Answer office telephone calls.
- Receives and responds to all inquiries and complaints that may pertain to billing, payments, and collection.
- Records all customer contacts
- Resolves question directly
- Explains account situation accurately
- Responds promptly to all written inquiries
- Takes note of recurring questions or problems and changes in policy or procedures
- Maintains confidentiality
- Document all actions
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Meet Productivity/Performance standards as set forth by management
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements: (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Excellent verbal and written language skills to answer customer concerns in simple, common language
- Proficiency with math skills - (i.e., skill in the calculation of charges, payments, and adjustments)
- Knowledge of insurance processing
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Data entry skills
- Sound problem-solving skills & decision-making ability
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Willingness and ability to follow direction and/or company policy as directed by management.
- 3+ years of customer service experience preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Healthcare experience preferred
- High-school graduate or equivalent
Since our founding nearly 50 years ago, Lucas Group has led and continuously transformed the executive recruiting industry by delivering transcendent executive talent to our corporate clients while helping individuals fully realize their career ambitions. Our collaborative culture attracts and rewards the industry’s top recruiters and, coupled with industry-leading methodologies, drives superior results.
We have unparalleled reach across major U.S. cities, job functions and industries, with divisions specializing in Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Military Transition, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain & Operations, as well as Contract Engineering.
From a one-man operation in 1970 in Atlanta, Lucas Group has grown to nearly 450 employees and our success is built on unmatched customer service and bottom-line results.
Our objective: To be a trusted consultant for all of your professional recruiting and placement needs.