Bankruptcy Paralegal (New York, Boston, Chicago)
An international AmLaw 100 law firm is seeking an experienced bankruptcy/restructuring paralegal to join their team in New York, Boston, or Chicago.
- Interface with partners and associates daily to manage complex Chapter 11 bankruptcy filings
- Assist in all aspects of Chapter 11 reorganization process
- Analyze claims, objections, and related documentation
- E-file pleadings within the Federal Courts and Bankruptcy Court
- Prepare Ch. 11 bankruptcy filings, as well as business reorganizations and restructuring documents
- Conduct factual and precedent research
- Proofread, cite check, and Bluebook legal documents
- Prepare for and attend hearings and oral arguments
- 5+ years of experience as a Bankruptcy Paralegal at an AmLaw 100 firm
- Knowledge of Bankruptcy Court procedures and practices
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in any discipline
- Paralegal Certificate a plus (not required)
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to identify and proactively identify and analyze problems, develop solutions, and deliver results
- Ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision and to work both independently and as a team
- Ability to work overtime as needed
WHY LUCAS GROUP?
Lucas Group is a leading national executive recruitment firm, ranked in top five on Forbes’ list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in 2020.