Our Houston area banking client is seeking a controller. The Controller will report to and coordinate with the CFO to develop and maintain reliable accounting information on income, expenses, assets, liabilities and capital. Will maintain an accounting system that properly reflects the financial position of the bank. Manages day-to-day accounting operations and oversees the accounting group.
· Provides support to management by collecting and analyzing data and reporting results.
· Prepare various reports related to bank and departmental needs and collaborates with various departments to achieve business results.
· Provides regular reports regarding the operations and condition of the financial institution to executive management.
· Manages accounting / finance department daily operational activities and supervises a staff of 5-6 professionals and clerks..
· Coordinates corporate accounting activities, including accounts payable, payroll, special projects, reconciliations, cash management, etc.
· Develops and maintains complex computer-based reports of the institution’s accounting records.
· Creates specialized reports for internal and external clients.
· Monitors and reviews regulatory filings prepared by the financial analyst(s) for reasonableness.
· Change rates or system parameters on the core processing system.
· Assists with quarter-end corporate consolidation and reporting on bank holding company and banking subsidiary, including balancing and adjustment of eliminating entries.
· Assist CFO with fair value accounting and mark-to-market adjustments for bank’s acquired asset portfolios.
· Coordinates and manages the settlement process with the FDIC for bank’s acquisition activities.
· Coordinates and facilitates payment of ORE and OREO expenses with special assets department.
· Manages and reports on bank’s floor plan operations by serving as the liaison between credit administration and outside auditing vendor.
· Updates and maintains the BCP plan for the accounting / finance department.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration required. CPA is required.
· Minimum of 9 years experience with at least 5 years of accounting/finance experience in a financial services environment required.
· Knowledgeable in financial institution operating policies and procedures and banking regulations state and federal.
· Possesses thorough knowledge of financial accounting procedures and policies
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, analytical and organizational skills
· Possesses strong problem solving skills
· Effective management skills
· Ability to successfully meet deadlines