Title: AVP of Data Governance
Location: Dayton, OH
Lucas Group Job ID: 1573018
Role Overview: Lucas Group is seeking an AVP of Data Governance to help build out a data governance team and assist in the guidance of a data transformation.
- Responsible for development and management of data governance for the organization
- Establish and govern an enterprise data governance implementation road-map and governance framework with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data
- Drive the strategy, development, and implementation of the enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) throughout the organization
- Provide strategic direction of complex Business Intelligence (BI) efforts that enhances mission-critical business operations through a streamlined use of information and visualization tools
- Build and implement the road-map for BI and visualization to support the entire business
- Direct the scoping, planning, prioritizing, and oversight of BI and all BI based solutions
- Conceive and develop analysis, reports, and delivery tools for the purpose of delivering business intelligence to the organization
- Work closely with management to prepare and execute data management plans to manage projects from beginning to end
- Manage and provide oversight of the Data Management (DM) functions including the development, design, implementation and maintenance of databases, data modeling and oversight of ETL
- Manage data collection rule documentation, modifications, and communications of standards, policies and procedures
- Manage the data collection process, up to and including, preparing the data for QA and extracting to internal and external entities
- Work with business areas and IT to ensure integrity and proper integration of all sources of enterprise data
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies and standards
- Collaborate with business partners and senior leadership to prioritize data-driven projects, and to provide quality information to support business processes
- Manage complex initiatives that significantly affect business results and require a large degree of cross functional participation/coordination
- Responsible for organization’s Metadata and data dictionaries
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, business intelligence, business or related field, or equivalent years of relevant work experience is required (Master's degree is preferred)
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in some combination of data management, business intelligence (BI), data warehousing, or other similar discipline is required
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience is required, leading data warehouse and/or business intelligence teams
- Healthcare experience with Claims (clinical background is preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of Data Management tools, practices, strategies including multi-dimensional analysis, and OLAP
- Proven understanding and track record of modern Business Intelligence Tools
- Experience owning and managing data architecture, including data dictionary, logical data models, terminology translation services, and deployment and change management processes
- Proven strong and dynamic leadership skills, with proven abilities to manage across various levels of the organization
- Executive presence with the ability to present technical information clearly across a variety of stakeholders
- Strong diplomatic skills to negotiate, collaborate, and persuade peer-level personnel/department heads
- Ability to lead mission-critical, high visibility projects
Since our founding nearly 50 years ago, Lucas Group has led and continuously transformed the executive recruiting industry by delivering transcendent executive talent to our corporate clients while helping individuals fully realize their career ambitions. Our collaborative culture attracts and rewards the industry’s top recruiters and, coupled with industry-leading methodologies, drives superior results.
We have unparalleled reach across major U.S. cities, job functions and industries, with divisions specializing in Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Military Transition, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain & Operations, as well as Contract Engineering.
From a one-man operation in 1970 in Atlanta, Lucas Group has grown to nearly 450 employees and our success is built on unmatched customer service and bottom line results.
Our objective: To be a trusted consultant for all of your professional recruiting and placement needs.