Expanding Oral Solid Dose manufacturer seeking a skilled Automation Engineer (AE) with industry experience to lead systems automation. The AE works closely with multiple departments to identify needs and establish metrics for operational quality, throughput, and accuracy. Development, integration, implementation, and maintenance of systems that automate processes will be primary responsibilities. This person serves as a technical resource and process automation lead for small to large capital and improvement projects
- Support, participate and perform commissioning duties as needed, including system validation, system training and documentation
- Work with all areas of the organization and site in support of business needs.
- Provide troubleshooting support of systems as needed
- Support process equipment and facility engineering, design, integration, documentation specification and validation.
- Generate process automation engineering specifications and drawings
- Supports the services of Engineering and Maintenance departments, and provides training for teams on techniques and best practice in his field. Completes part of their assignments depending on the complexity of the topics.
- Work with engineers and customers to determine the requirements of the machine and develop specifications for machine functions, user interface, and quality control for high reliability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a preference for Electronics or Automation
- 5 years of automation experience required.
- Strong understanding of validation process for automation platforms.
- Knowledge of cycle times
- A strong knowledge of Allen Bradley Ladder Logic
- PLC programming
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment of an emerging growth company.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the operation and use of Microsoft based communications