Our client is a 100 year-old global, family owned company that is an industry leader in providing material handling, wastewater treatment, pollutant control, BOP services, and other systems to support the power, coal wastewater & other industries. We are partnering with them on a contract-to-hire 3D Design Drafter opening to work out of their HQ in the northern Chicago suburbs.
We are looking for someone with strong AutoCAD 3D experience. Any exposure to Navisworks or Advanced Steel is beneficial as most of the work will be structural. The 3D Design Drafter will work to translate documents from the mechanical and piping teams for additional structural design.
3D Design Drafter Responsibilities
- Work with the different Engineering departments to prepare design work for proposals and contracts.
- Ensure all design work meets quality, schedule, and budget targets.
- Verify designs meet technical and contract specifications.
- Interact with various Engineering & Design departments to successfully collaborate in order to meet defined objectives.
3D Design Drafter Requirements
- An Associate degree in Design, Mechanical Engineering, Drafting, or a related field is preferred.
- Strong experience in AutoCAD 3D is required.
- Any exposure is Navisworks or Structural Steel is preferred.
- Experience with Structural design is beneficial.
- Must be comfortable interacting with various teams and meeting objectives within defined time-frames.