Our client, a large local full-service CPA firm in the Galleria area of Houston, seeks an Assurance Senior Associate. This group works up to 50 hours per week during busy season and receives overtime compensation for any hours above 40. There will not be any travel with this position.
The ideal Senior Assurance Associate will hold a Bachelor’s Degree and be a Licensed CPA (or have at least 2 parts passed) with at least 2 years of experience in public accounting.
Responsibilities of the Audit & Assurance Senior
- Responsible for day-to-day planning and execution of multiple client engagements throughout the year.
- Supervise associate level professionals and delegate engagement responsibilities.
- Responsible for communicating and resolving all issues that arise during the audit engagement with the support of the engagement manager.
- Develop and execute audit strategy from planning to reporting.
- Develop and maintain client relationships, thus driving client satisfaction.
- Research, understand and apply complex accounting concepts and auditing procedures.
- Draft financials and report audit findings (both verbal and written).
- Develop, motivate and mentor associates by providing training, regular feedback and career guidance while fostering a team environment.
Requirements of the Audit & Assurance Senior
- Licensed CPA, or in process with at least 2 parts passed.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in public accounting in a variety of industries.
- Demonstrated leadership/supervisor experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Job ID: 2743