Lucas Group, a Korn Ferry Company, has partnered with our client, a rapidly growing consumer products company in the cannabis/pharmaceutical industry, on their search for an Associate Director of Legal Operations at their headquarters in Chicago, Illinois. This role will report to the General Counsel/Vice President of Legal and will work with others in the Legal Department on a range of corporate transactional matters related to securities filings, capital markets, finance transactions and corporate governance issues.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Oversee the company’s securities documentation and filings; as well as various capital markets, corporate finance, and equity/debt related transactions
- Assist other members of the in-house legal team with projects related to due diligence, contract negotiations, mergers & acquisitions, divestitures of newly acquired assets; real estate transactions, and employment matters; and provide support to HR team as necessary.
- Draft, review, and negotiate various contracts, including vendor and supply agreements, software agreements, NDAs, and real estate documents;
- Assist with all components of entry into new markets, including drafting and editing license applications and renewals.
- Manage relations with outside counsel and vendors as needed.
Required Skills & Preferred Qualifications:
- Must be licensed to practice law in Illinois and/or other state in which the company operates (Ohio, New York, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania)
- 3 – 6 years of legal experience at a nationally recognized law firm or in-house legal department
- Must have strong corporate transactions, including with securities matters, SEC filings, and capital market
- Experience advising clients in the consumer retail, pharmaceutical, and/or life sciences industries a plus but not required
- Must be willing to be available to travel occasionally.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Degree: Juris Doctor
- Work Experience: 3-7 years in corporate law
Title: Associate Director of Legal (In-House Corporate Attorney)
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Client Industry: Pharmaceuticals / Consumer Products
Lucas Group ID: 1590282