Our client, a private equity real estate investment firm located in Brookfield, Wisconsin, is looking to add an Associate General Counsel with at least 3 years of experience in real estate financing to its in-house legal department.
The candidate's legal background must include real estate acquisitions and finance, joint ventures and LLCs in a law firm or in-house setting. Ideal candidates will also have experience with real estate 1031 exchanges, REITs, and/or private placement securities offerings (preferred but not required). The candidate will join a legal team of 3 in-house attorneys and report directly to the General Counsel.
Required and Preferred Qualifications
- At least 3-6 years of legal experience with real estate finance in a law firm or in-house setting
- Must have experience advising clients on real estate transactions including acquisitions & financing, joint ventures, LLCs and partnerships
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to work directly with clients and seamlessly collaborate the General Counsel and other members of the legal department
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ideal candidate will have experience with real estate 1031 exchanges, REITs, and/or private placement securities offerings
- Academic credentials from a Top 100 law school preferred.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join the legal department of an established company with decades of history advising investors on real estate assets. Annual base salary commensurate with experience, in addition to a multi-tiered annual bonus, 401k match, full benefits package, and long-term growth potential.
Qualified candidates only, please submit your resume to AStephens@lucasgroup.com.