* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Lucas Group has partnered with our client, a leading anthracite coal mining company, on their search for an Assistant Maintenance Supervisor in Pottsville PA. The company is an active innovator of alternative energy solutions, fueling the regional economy by providing hundreds of jobs directly and indirectly.
This position was created with the intention of eventually assuming the responsibilities of the Maintenance Superintendent. It is a building block for a high-level management role in the company which yields more than six figures annually.
What You Will Do:
Provides complete on-site support for all areas of maintenance in the facilities. This role serves as the primary point of contact to the Maintenance Superintendent and includes significant interfacing with employees and the executive leadership team. The role is tasked with various deliverables, including project reliability reporting, production improvement techniques, developing and implementing a Preventative Maintenance Program, leading all corrective maintenance and remediating unplanned downtime incidents.
- Schedule and manage the daily workload of 10+ heavy equipment mechanics using considerable independent judgement.
- Monitor downed equipment and report progress daily
- Review and approve timecards daily, identify and address issues immediately
- Coordinate with purchasing representatives to contact vendors for parts or services. Know when to use outside services
- Oversee outside vendors to ensure work is being performed correctly and efficiently
- Negotiate pricing on parts and services / source parts and services from multiple vendors
- Provide repair / replacement of equipment recommendations
- Implement/follow predictive failure procedures
- Manages the three facilities’ maintenance programs, and their personnel via the site foremen
- Manage workload and productivity
- Utilize required on-hand stock inventories, specific to each plant to ensure maximum redundancy and reliability
- Utilize systems reliability tracking metrics and strives to improve uptime within the confines of a budget
- Prepare monthly reports for executive leadership on major cost-items, maintenance completion, material production, and any unexpected interruptions.
- Work closely with Operational Leadership to plan maintenance evolutions and take Operator feedback into account when modifying plant systems to improve throughput, safety, and ease of operations.
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Assistant Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Pottsville PA
Client Industry: Metal Fabrication / Mining / Foundry / Forging
Client Job ID: 1579448