* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience *
Our client has more than a century of experience in providing safe and reliable transportation to students across the US and Canada. We have partnered with them in their search for an Assistant Location Manager for their Carol Stream IL location. This opportunity takes an all-important “Safety First” attitude in supporting the company’s community children and families all over North America.
What You Will Do:
Assists the Location Manager in supervising daily operations. Monitors driver performance, identifies safety issues and operational inefficiencies. Takes actions to resolve issues and/or discusses recommendations with Location Manager.
- Ensures home to school routes are covered in a timely and efficient manner, working with Dispatch.
- Reviews calculated athletic trip tickets for accuracy and makes corrections as needed.
- Interfaces with drivers about their concerns and performance issues; ensures driver awareness of sleeping children and placard programs.
- Investigates client complaints (e.g., school administrators, teachers, parents, students) and coordinates resolution.
- Works with supervisors and the drivers in getting students to school on time; watches driver roll-outs and roll-in to monitor safety issues; identifies obvious mechanical problems (e.g., broken lights); monitors driver pre-trip and post-trip inspections. Other activities include, for example, random bus inspections, office cleanliness, and shop conditions.
- Ensures achievement of on time performance goals, working with school district staff, drivers, and dispatch (e.g., eliminate early or late arriving buses.
- Monitors driver safety and makes Injury Prevention (IP) contacts with drivers to identify and resolve safety issues; participates in safety meetings. Initiates disciplinary action for drivers (e.g., absence, tardiness) consistent with company policy.
- Monitors attendance for home to school and athletics to ensure attendance is at appropriate levels.
- Coordinates summer school requests, working with school staff and Contract Manager.
- Assists Location Manager with review and resolution of union grievances.
- Ensures dispatch staff assigns spare drivers and buses as required or provide on time coverage of routes.
- Familiar with basic vehicle mechanical processes and maintenance
- 2-3 years supervisory experience preferred
- 3-5 years transportation experience preferred
- Possess working vehicle to travel with in service area as needed
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Assistant Location Manager
Location: Carol Stream IL
Client Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Client Job ID: 1579510