* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Our client has more than a century of experience in providing safe and reliable transportation to students across the US and Canada. We have partnered with them in their search for an Assistant Location Manager for their Cincinnati OH location. This opportunity takes an all-important “Safety First” attitude in supporting the company’s community children and families all over North America.
Responsibilities for this role will include assisting the Location Manager with supervision of daily operations, monitoring driver performance, identifying safety issues and operations inefficiencies, review and resolution of union grievances, discussing recommendations, etc.
- Work with Dispatch to ensure home to school routes are covered in a timely and efficient manner
- Review (and make corrections, as needed) calculated athletic trip tickets
- Work closely with drivers re: concerns and performance issues, awareness of sleeping children and placard programs; investigate client complaints and coordinate resolution
- Ensure on-time performance goals by working with district staff, drivers and Dispatch
- Watch driver roll-outs and roll-in to monitor safety issues; identify obvious mechanical problems (e.g., broken lights); monitor driver pre-trip and post-trip inspections; conduct random bus inspections, checks for office cleanliness and shop conditions.
- Monitor driver safety and make Injury Prevention (IP) contacts with drivers to identify and resolve safety issues; participate in safety meetings.
- Initiate disciplinary action for drivers (e.g., absence, tardiness) consistent with company policy; monitors attendance for home to school and athletics to ensure attendance is at appropriate levels
- Work with staff and Contract Manager to coordinate summer school requests; ensure Dispatch staff assigns spare drivers and buses as required or provide on time coverage of routes
- Required: 3-5 years’ experience in transportation
- 2-3 years supervisory experience preferred
- Familiar with basic vehicle mechanical processes and maintenance
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be willing to work extended hours regularly, including weekends; will require a working vehicle to travel within service area, as needed
Title: Assistant Location Manager
Location: Cincinnati OH
Lucas Group Job ID: 1578552