* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Assists the Location Manager in supervising daily operations. Monitors driver performance, identifies safety issues and operational inefficiencies. Takes actions to resolve issues and/or discusses recommendations with Location Manager.
1) Ensures home to school routes are covered in a timely and efficient manner, working with Dispatch.
2) Reviews calculated athletic trip tickets for accuracy and makes corrections as needed.
3) Interfaces with drivers about their concerns and performance issues; ensures driver awareness of sleeping children and placard programs.
4) Investigates client complaints (e.g., school administrators, teachers, parents, students) and coordinates resolution.
5) Works with supervisors and the drivers in getting students to school on time; watches driver roll-outs and roll-in to monitor safety issues; identifies obvious mechanical problems (e.g., broken lights); monitors driver pre-trip and post-trip inspections. Other activities include, for example, random bus inspections, office cleanliness, and shop conditions.
6) Ensures achievement of on time performance goals, working with school district staff, drivers, and dispatch (e.g., eliminate early or late arriving buses.
7) Monitors driver safety and makes Injury Prevention (IP) contacts with drivers to identify and resolve safety issues; participates in safety meetings. Initiates disciplinary action for drivers (e.g., absence, tardiness) consistent with company policy.
8) Monitors attendance for home to school and athletics to ensure attendance is at appropriate levels.
9) Coordinates summer school requests, working with school staff and Contract Manager.
10) Assists Location Manager with review and resolution of union grievances.
11) Ensures dispatch staff assigns spare drivers and buses as required or provide on time coverage of routes.
Experience & Skills Required:
- 3-5 years experience in transportation
- 3+ years supervisory experience preferred
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiar with basic vehicle mechanical processes and maintenance