* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Plans, assigns, supervises and directs activities of the maintenance mechanics. Assists Chief Engineer in any and all responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions/Requirements
Experience: Prior experience as maintenance mechanic or related manufacturing/ plant engineering experience.
Degree in Engineering or related field, also open to Academy grads without hard engineering degrees.
Licenses as required by state, industry, city, county, etc.
- Must possess/maintain a valid license to operate applicable equipment.
- Physically capable of moving to all areas of the plant. Must be capable of reaching, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling as required in a production operation.
- Able to climb ladders, crawl under equipment and work in tight spaces.
- Able to view product and determine adherence to quality control standards including size, shape, color, cut, etc.
- Able to visibly distinguish operating lights and panels on machinery and equipment.
- Able to hear and identify audible alarm systems as well as normal and abnormal equipment operating sounds.
- Able to generate written and verbal communications clearly and distinctly.
- Ability to read and review written communication, blue prints, wiring diagrams schematics etc.
- Able to wear/use approved applicable safety equipment, as needed.
- Able to operate required office equipment.
- Able to research, develop, implement and monitor required policies and procedures.
- Performance of other duties deemed by management to be an integral part of the job.
Primary Job Duties:
- Review P.M. sheets completed on your shift
- Review work requests completed on your shift
- Monitor down time on your shift
- E-mail a daily Shift Report of Maintenance issues and Downtime to the DOE and Chief Engineer
- Plan, supply and execute equipment modifications approved by the DOE.
- Initiate work requests
- Verify your shifts timecards are accurate
- Seek out ways to improve process and equipment
- Monitor waste generated on your shift
- Performs daily security check and walk through inspection of the plant and grounds
- Assign work as required by mechanics
- Assist with trouble-shooting problem calls when needed
- Compile mechanics daily log sheets for CPMS operator.
- Maintains good employee relations
- Ensures the work areas are cleaned and organized during assigned shift
- Monitor mechanics during repairs and PMS to ensure safe work habits
- Perform a daily walk through inspection of the plant for safety issues
- Monitor all employees for work rules violations
- Perform periodic lock-out/tag-out verification tests
- Ensure proper GMPs are followed at all times by all employees
- Responsible for enforcing sanitation rules to all employees
- Enforce department cleaning schedule for shop and parts areas