Lucas Group has partnered with a stable, recession proof client in the Houston area that is seeking an Assistant Controller. This role will be responsible for Corporate Accounting team and the day to day operations. The right candidate will have a mix of public and industry, with a strong acumen in thinking outside of the box, meeting deadlines, and developing staff. The company recently has undergone changes, which has created a lot of growth and opportunities for the right person.
- Lead monthly, quarterly and yearly financial close, including reviewing of financials, journal entries and managing the accounting team
- Lead and develop accounting staff
- Prepare financial statements – stand alone and at a consolidated level
- Improve processes and procedures to create better efficiencies
- 7+ years of corporate accounting in a mid/large size company, with multiple business units/entities preferred
- Public accounting experience highly preferred
- 2+ years of supervisory experience