The Asst Corporate Controller, will be responsible for managing the month-end close process and timely reporting of results to internal and external stakeholders on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Provide customer service to internal and external stakeholders. Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements. Lead and foster a team culture where cross-training is required and team members periodically rotate to new areas of responsibility without sacrificing quality or deadlines.
• Lead the completion of the month-end close activities, including but not limited to the completion and review of journal entries, reconciliations, and reporting
• Manage the preparation and review of timely and complete monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and account analyses, including holding monthly team account reconciliation presentations to senior management
• Responsible for fixed assets accounting system and fixed asset activity
• Maintain, improve, and create efficient processes within the accounting team and produce and maintain internal controls documentation on par with a public company
• Prepare various data for footnotes and other sections within the annual financial statements
Lead the accounting team in managing its deliverables related to the annual external audit
• Work closely with the Strategy team, outside valuation firms, and other areas of business on all acquisition accounting activity, integrating acquired companies financials
• Research and apply GAAP pronouncements as circumstances arise
• Other tasks and duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Advanced degree in Business and Finance/Accounting.
• 10 plus years of financial experience of increasing responsibility in dynamic, global business operating environments.
• Exceptionally strong communication skills, both written and verbal, demonstrable ability to influence others at all levels of an organization. • Detail-oriented.
• Ability to work efficiently under tight timelines and achieve results, while maintaining high quality.
• Excellent analytical, teamwork, customer service and leadership skills
Comp: $160K with 20% Bonus