* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
What You Will Do:
Support the safety of designated locations for all operational, facility and shop activities within the geographic area. Work directly with the Area General Manager and must be able to lead behavioral and organizational change by influencing and change management. Drive continuous improvement by reviewing data and deploying strategies to mitigate risks. Ensure that division safety initiatives and processes are embedded into the area operations and monitors adherence to strategic and program initiatives. Ensures compliance with company policies and SOPs, as well as federal, state and local regulations.
- Identifies underperforming locations to established targets, perform analysis and work with location team to develop, recommend, and implement continuous improvement processes.
- Conduct comprehensive incident investigations for all serious events. Assists to develop actions and ensures lessons learned are communicated and implemented.
- Provide support to RSD and Risk Management on claims management and in litigation. Complete Root Cause Analysis with operations and maintenance as required.
- Work closely with the workers’ compensation third-party administrator to proactively manage claims.
- Has direct responsibility to ensure proper driving trainer staffing levels. Work closely with operations and HR to identify trainer needs and effectively administer driver onboarding.
- Prepare monthly reports and safety performance analysis for locations.
Education and Qualifications:
- BS or Masters Degree in Safety preferred (or equivalent education/experience)
- OSHA 10-hr, Safety/Transportation certifications
Title: Area Safety Manager
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Client Job ID: 1582889