* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience *
What You Will Do:
Perform operation and maintenance of various building systems and equipment of a high-rise office building; become knowledgeable about engineering field responsibilities.
- Assist with and perform preventive maintenance and repairs on all mechanical, plumbing and HVAC systems (includes pumps and piping, chillers, boilers, air compressors and air handling units.)
- Make adjustments and changes to HVAC and related equipment in order to maintain established operating criteria within guidelines.
- Perform general repairs, maintenance and replacement of building components (including building fixtures, appliances, plumbing, minor electrical and automation sensors.)
- Participate in the water treatment chemical programs within the established property.
- Maintain operation logs and files, where appropriate, to include central plant operations, chemical consumption logs and other equipment or operation inspection logs.
- Apply basic knowledge and skills in HVAC distribution and automation controls in order to make adjustments and/or corrective actions to resolve work orders.
- Maintain ethical, professional and courteous relations with contractors and tenants; provide prompt and courteous response to tenant requests within guidelines.
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with the entire operation staff and perform as a team member.
- Participate and learn emergency procedures, including:
- Assist with directing building occupants with evacuations and life safety system alarms; assist emergency authorities and response teams
- Develop understanding and usage of fire alarm and life safety systems at assigned property
Education and Skill Requirements:
- HVAC / Technical degree/certification or equivalent
- Preferably 1+ year related experience (mechanical, hydraulic or technically oriented)
Title: Building Engineer
Location: Minneapolis MN
Client Job ID: 1584990