* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Lucas Group has partnered with our client, an international manufacturer and marketer of highly engineered precision bearings and products, on their search for an Applications Engineer in Oxford CT.
The company’s products are integral to the manufacture and operation of most machines, aircraft and mechanical systems, to reduce wear to moving parts, facilitate proper power transmission, reduce damage and energy loss caused by friction and control pressure and flow. For over 100 years, they have provided quality craftsmanship and innovation in bearing technology. With over 20 facilities throughout North America and Europe, they have a global network of sales engineers, distributors and authorized agents.
What You Will Do:
- Must be able to travel (domestic and international) 25% of the time.
- Work directly with customers to resolve technical problems.
- Support our external sales and business management personnel by making visits to customers.
- Function as an engineering consultant to manufacturing on problems related to the manufacture of bearing and related products.
- Responsible for the conceptual design engineering of new products and special products.
- Provide technical consultation on product design, application and service problems, quality deviations and material and parts substitution.
- Provides product design requirements to product design engineers and designers assigned to specific projects.
- Responsible for reviewing and checking new product designs prior to customer or manufacturing release.
- Will train for 2 years within Industrial or Aerospace Divisions
- Internal and external bearing technology training
- Specific knowledge within all product lines
- Travel with sales team to learn customer needs/build relationships
- Other trainings include: presentation skills, time management, leadership, etc.
- Must have a minimum 10 years of hands on mechanical experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Bi-lingual preferable
- Excellent communication skills, capability to interact with customers.
- 3D Modeling experience in SolidWorks (or equivalent) is desired.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Associates Degree in Manufacturing Technology (or similar degree) working towards a Bachelors in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Military trained Mechanical/Machining Certifications
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Applications Engineer
Location: Oxford CT
Client Industry: Components Manufacturing
Client Job ID: 1578932