We are exclusively partnering with our client, a leader in within their niche in the electric power system manufacturing space, on an Applications Engineer role based in the Boston area.
The Applications Engineer is responsible for providing technical support of the companies products and their applications. If you are interested in an opportunity with a company that provides opportunities for extensive internal growth, this could be the right one for you!
- Direct involvement with power system apparatus diagnostics, transformers, switchgear, rotating machines and ancillary equipment
- Product consultation and training on electrical theory and diagnostic methods, including application, data analysis, power system apparatus evaluation and report generation to our customer base. Topics will include, but are not limited to: Power Factor (PF), Sweep Frequency Response Analysis (SFRA), Dissolved Gas Analysis (DGA), Dielectric Frequency Response Analysis (DFR), and Partial Discharge (PD)
- Coordinate and troubleshoot all technical issues with customers, sales representatives, and distributors
- Provide input on new products, product strategies, development, and application needs
- Willingness to travel (up to 50%)
- At least 5 + years’ experience of substation testing and field diagnostics
- 5 + years of proven experience in the utility, OEM or consulting services
- Knowledge of power systems, substations, generation, transmission and distribution of electric power
- Experience with testing and diagnostics of relay and protection schemes a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering required