Our client is a 100 year-old global, family owned company that is an industry leader in providing material handling, wastewater treatment, pollutant control, BOP services, and other systems to support the power, coal wastewater & other industries. We are exclusively partnering with them on an Application Engineering Manager opening focused on BOP (Balance of Plant) & Construction services to work out of their HQ in the northern Chicago suburbs. This is a new role due to growth.
Our client has 80% of the market share and a great reputation within their areas of expertise. We are looking for an experienced Engineer with strong BOP (Balance of Plant) knowledge & excellent communication skills to drive projects and identify opportunities for additional business. This is a direct-hire (salaried) position offering a strong compensation package with benefits and a strong possibility of continued professional growth & promotion opportunities.
Application Engineering Manager Responsibilities
- Drive proposals opportunities involving BOP (Balance of Plant) & Construction Services.
- Own the technical estimation and scope definition processes for proposals. Identify solutions to support BOP & Construction proposals in a cost-effective manner.
- Review technical system designs.
- Lead the technical estimation process.
- Attend sales calls involving the Field Sales Team.
- Develop & maintain relationships with multiple internal departments, contractors, Engineering partners, and key customers.
Application Engineering Manager Requirements
- A Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a similar field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Engineering in the areas of industrial power, utilities, construction, Balance of Plant, or a related area.
- Ability to travel as needed.