Our firm has been selected to conduct a search for an Accounting Supervisor on behalf of an oil and gas drilling company based in Houston. This position is open due to promotion. Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5-7 plus years’ progressive accounting experience with increased responsibility. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a dynamic growing company which provides solid career growth.
Compensation: up to 105k plus bonus.
This position will entertain a competitive range of compensation including base salary and competitive benefits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; Business Administration or finance
- CPA preferred, MBA a plus
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in following areas: Close process, Financial reporting, Audit, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Previous experience with intercompany agreements and financial controls.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel; working knowledge of accounting systems (i.e. Oracle), well-developed financial analysis capabilities.
Some Responsibilities Include:
- Manage monthly/quarterly close process ensuring all entries are accurate and processed timely.Review analysis/reconciliations of income statement and balance sheet accounts and investigates deviations from forecasts or historical trends.
- Develop staff via coaching and mentoring, while also recognizing employee. accomplishments and providing timely constructive feedback.
- Prioritize, supervise and review all activities performed by staff and ensures all deadlines are met.
- Coordinate interim and year end audit and provides assistance to external auditors.