Accounting Specialist - Accounts Payable Job – Job #1568156
Lucas Group is working with a leading provider of software solutions located in Dallas, TX. Their Accounting and Finance Team has partnered with us to identify a talented Accounting Specialist-Accounts Payable on a full-time, direct hire basis.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be accountable for completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
No remote access; on-site only.
Completion of a 2 year degree within Accounting or Finance with at least 5+ years working experience; 4 year degree preferred.
KEY JOB DUTIES:
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Expense Reimbursement: receive and verify expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintain ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements.
- Maintain all scanning and filing of documents.
- Fixed assets: reconciling monthly accounts and related transactions.
- 1099 reporting
- Report sales tax by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Accounting experience within Accounts Payable
- MS Excel (Vlookups & Pivot Tables) and general math skills
- Microsoft Dynamics experience is a plus
Permanent job in Richardson