Our client, located in the North Houston area, seeks an Accounting Manager to add to their growing team!
Accounting Manager Responsibilities
- Manage accounting functions and prepare reports reflecting earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results.
- Formulate and administer approved accounting practices throughout the organization to ensure that financial and operating reports accurately reflect the condition of the business and provide reliable information necessary to control operations; manage general accounting staff.
- Plan, organize and direct all the activities of the cost accounting function.
- Manage day to day operations of the existing accounting function from management of current rates to monthly close and analysis.
- Perform the monthly closing activities including preparation of the cost to operate statement along with supporting analysis.
- Proactive analysis of variances and communication of issues and opportunities to operations management
- Define policies and procedures for all accounting activities.
- Ensure financial results are reported accurately and timely.
Accounting Manager Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or similar. CPA required.
- 7+ years’ total accounting experience.
- Public accounting experience, preferably with a Big 4 or other national CPA, firm.
Job ID: 1579533