Our client, a large services organization that operates nationwide, seeks an Accounting Manager for their GL Group. The ideal candidate will possess at least 7 years of relevant accounting experience, with at least two years at a managerial level. A CPA with prior or current Big 4 (or other national CPA firm) experience.
Accounting Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and maintain the monthly close process and monthly reporting.
- Review and approve journal entries and supporting documentation, as well as enter journal entries as needed.
- Review / perform corporate account reconciliations, making sure all are done timely and accurately.
- Manage the chart of accounts, overseeing the adding of accounts as needed.
- Working with the external and internal auditors to assist in year-end audit procedures.
- Assist with the monthly and annual corporate budgeting and forecasting.
- Maintaining up-to-date process documentation; recommending and implementing process improvements, as appropriate, to simplify, standardize and streamline efforts.
- Fostering teamwork within the accounting department.
Accounting Manager Requirements Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required; CPA desired.
- 2+ years’ of Big 4 or other national CPA firm experience required.
- 1+ years’ supervisory experience required.
Title: Accounting Manager
Location: Houston, TX
Lucas Group ID: 1578841