Our client, a leading oilfield services company has an opening for an Accounting Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large, global company that offers outstanding benefits, career path and development. The Accounting Manager is a hands-on, challenging role, working closely with the Controller and other departments. Will oversee general accounting and supervises the general ledger team, in carrying out month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial close. Approves journal entries during close and provides feedback to staff.
What is attractive about this role/company:
- Good environment – nice people, family oriented-open lines of communication
- Amazing career development and advancement opportunities – prefers to promote internally
- Full medical benefits start day 1
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or parts passed highly preferred
- Public accounting audit experience a plus
- Minimum of five (5) years of accounting experience displaying career progression
- Supervisory experience
- Must have a solid understanding of financial statements and the ability to multi-task in order to meet public company deadlines.
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and ERP experience
- Prefer a candidate with a background working in a fast-paced, distribution and high-volume business environment.