The Company is looking for someone who is a self-motivated, proven leader, with experience managing public accounting or general ledger teams.
Essential Job Functions:
• Manage all accounting functions within the company
• Manage the month-end close and financial reporting, including: Revenue/AR, AP, and GL
• Prepare financial statements and related monthly/quarterly internal/external reporting
• Primary external auditor contact; manage all aspects of audits and reviews
• Lead team of 5+ employees, managing growth of team as company grows
• Manage payroll function of the company
• Manage accounting for stock awards, maintain related software, and perform all related reporting as a stock plan administrator
• Participate heavily in the SEC reporting process
• Perform accounting research and prepare quarterly accounting memos
• Manage specific internal control environment cycles and managing internal control/SOX activities for those cycles
• Prepare and/or coordinate annual tax returns
• Ad hoc projects and assignments
Required Qualifications and General Skills:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Public accounting experience
- 7-10+ years public accounting and/or general accounting experience
- Manager experience at a public company or public accounting firm
- Extensive hands-on monthly close experience
- Proven leadership experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated; working independently and fully owning assignments and responsibilities.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to research technical accounting literature and derive the appropriate accounting policy
- Experience with technical areas of accounting including accounting for stock-based compensation, revenue recognition (ASC 605), financial reporting, etc.
- Ability to identify areas for process improvement and implement solutions, including team member change management and training
- Strong attention to detail