Accounting Manager Job – Job #1568780
A $1B, publicly traded client located in The Woodlands seeks to hire an Accounting Manager to lead the accounting team in building and improving processes and procedures to help make the business continue to be a leader in their industry.
The Accounting Manager will report directly to the VP of Accounting and work directly with the staff at locations throughout the greater U.S.
Lead accounting staff (2-3 people) and financial function:
- Review and participate in month-end close processes
- Assist in SEC filings and SOX reporting for the department
- Develop and review monthly variance analysis
- Oversight of GL, Fixed assets, AP and AR
- Evaluate departmental/company performance and make recommendations to improve accounting/MIS systems and procedures.
- Provide direction, training and guidance to employees to ensure accounting procedures and processes are performed in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
Qualifications for the position:
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting
- CPA (or pursuing CPA) preferred but not required
- 5+ years of related accounting experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience working with a publicly traded company
Permanent job in Los Angeles
Permanent job in Cincinnati